MUTEK Montréal 2018 Call for Proposals
November 30, 2017
Please note that this call applies only to Canadians at home and abroad, but also welcomes submissions from other artists residing in Canada.
We are officially launching the call for project proposals for MUTEK’s 19th edition, taking place in Montréal, August 22 to 26, 2018.
Artists from Québec and Canada working on projects exploring new aesthetic avenues in digital creation and electronic music are invited to submit their projects.
The kinds of work we're especially interested in are:
• Live, original and predominantly electronic music performances
• Live audiovisual performances featuring innovative use of digital imagery and sound where the audio and visual are considered a singular entity
• Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality works
• Urban installations and architectural mapping creations as well as interactive and audiovisual installations that could be imagined existing in social space or as encounters on sites and in venues occupied by the festival
• Any projects that push boundaries and challenge conventions in the digital creation sphere
We strongly encourage applicants to accompany their submissions with video documentation of their projects. MUTEK is dedicated to presenting live performances; DJ mixes will not be considered.
Please note that your submission might be considered for other upcoming events, including MUTEK_IMG taking place April 11-13, 2018.
The submission deadline for all MUTEK 2018 proposals is January 31, 2018.
For any additional information or questions please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the historical volume of submissions, artists will only be contacted if they have been selected to perform at the festival. We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest!